If you run an agribusiness, you know how important it is that your lawyers have an understanding not only of the industry but also of the political and economic climate in which you operate. It is also crucial they understand the political and environmental factors that come into play in both agriculture and aquaculture.
This means that you need lawyers who grasp the particular challenges your business faces and, through their astute legal advice, help ensure it remains competitive and profitable. They also need to understand the complex regulatory framework under which you operate.
Whether you are a primary producer involved in agriculture or aquaculture, or operate further down the supply chain, in processing, or as a wholesaler, distributor, or exporter, at Barraket Stanton we pride ourselves on being able to provide you with pragmatic and cost-effective legal advice.
We have experience in:
- structuring and restructuring businesses;
- purchase and sale of businesses;
- mergers and acquisitions;
- joint ventures;
- growers’ agreements;
- distribution agreements;
- transport agreements;
- importation and exportation agreements;
- business succession issues;
- tax issues, including stamp duty, GST and capital gains tax;
- maritime law;
- environmental issues; and
- litigation and dispute resolution.