Mergers & Acquisitions
We are experienced in providing M&A services to a broad range of industries and giving our clients prompt, commercially astute advice. We regularly act for both sellers and purchasers in private and public acquisitions.
Whether you are a small to medium-size enterprise (SME) or a large public company, we have a thorough knowledge of the relevant regulatory framework, and can therefore provide you with the best possible legal advice for your business situation.
Most importantly, our lawyers will always make sure that they explain the process to you in language you understand. Kenneth Stanton began his legal career working in M&A in a top-tier law firm and also has experience working in a global investment bank. So, Kenneth is not only an expert on the legal aspects of major deals but also, he has a superb grasp of how the financial side of major transactions works. In short, he understands both sides of the equation in any M&A deal and will ensure that you understand them too.
At Barraket Stanton, we can assist whether you:
- are in the pre-transaction phase;
- are developing a sale or purchase strategy; or
- need commercial advice tailored to your transaction.
We are experienced in all aspects of M&Aand can help you:
- structure your deal or transaction;
- undertake your due diligence investigations;
- prepare and negotiate your transaction documents; and
- provide advice on tax, stamp duty and GST issues.
We often work with regulators, including the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC), the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX), the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), the Australian Consumer and Competition Commission (ACCC) and the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB), so we can ensure your merger meets their requirements; we know how best to approach them if your merger or acquisition raises difficult issues.
- In August 2012, we advised Casella Wines on the creation of the A$47.6 million Australian Beer Company, a joint venture between Casella Wines Pty Ltd and Coca-Cola Amatil Limited;
- In August 2012, we advised Park in relation to their A$30 million joint venture with Mitsui & Co Ltd on the design, construction and finance of Koorang Island Fuel Terminal; and
- In November 2012, we acted for the Growers Wine Group in their A$7.7million acquisition of the Boar’s Rock Winery at Waikerie.
Minto Investment Trust
Advisor to the Minto Investment Trust on the sale of its stake I Yarrows to Sumitomo.
$30m June 2012
Australian Beer Company
Advisor to Casella Wines on its $100m Joint Venture with Coca Cola Amatil.
$100m August 2012
Growers Wine Group
Advisor to Growers Wine Group on the purchase of Boar's Rock Waikerie Assets.
$15m November 2012
Advisor to Park Fuels on evergreen project of Kooragang Island Fuel Terminal.
$120m August 2013