Corporate & Commercial
We can provide you with commercially sound legal advice during all stages of your business’s growth and development.
Our lawyers can assist you whether you are:
- planning or establishing a new business;
- growing, developing or maintaining your business;
- experiencing periods of financial stress; or
- exiting from your business.
It doesn’t matter if you are an ASX 200 corporation or a small family company, we take the time to get an in-depth understanding of your business and its people as well as your broader commercial objectives. Our priority is to develop long-term relationships with our clients.
We are experienced in all aspects of corporate law and regulation, including:
Whether you are a large corporation, a small company, a high-net-worth individual or a family group, we can help you select the most appropriate business structure (whether that be a company or a trust). We can also guide you through the process of setting up a partnership or joint venture.
Corporate governance and compliance
We regularly advise boards and individual directors of public and private companies on corporate governance, including directors’ duties and liabilities, risk management and due process issues.
Our team can draft a broad range of agreements and negotiate complex commercial contracts. We can also advise you on:
- supply and acquisition of goods and services;
- leasing and licensing transactions;
- supply and distribution agreements; and
- reseller arrangements.
Equity capital markets
We can guide large privately held businesses through the process of transition to public ownership, including:
- advising on timing and risks, and disadvantages and advantages, in relation to listing;
- due diligence;
- assisting with the drafting of a prospectus;
- negotiation of underwriting or IPO management agreements; and
- ASX Listing Rules and Corporations Act advice.
In addition, we can advise both private and public companies on their capital raising programs, including:
- fund setup and structuring;
- due diligence;
- capitalising a bidding entry or recapitalising a target;
- arranging debt facilities;
- acquiring the target or its assets;
- providing advice on or monitoring legal issues arising from day-to-day operations of portfolio companies; and
- exit transactions.
We can provide you with commercially astute and strategic legal advice on the negotiation, execution and integration of the proposed acquisition or divestment.
We can also advise privately held family businesses and entrepreneurs on governing and succession planning issues.